Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Vein & Skin Center of Hawaii

Today I bumped into Dr. Chung from the Vein & Skin Center of Hawaii. The Vein & Skin Center is located in the Pan-am Building in Honolulu, Hawaii. The last time I saw Dr. Chung I was actually a patient of his at his clinic. They opened their clinic in 2008 and was one of the first to bring in new technology in the treatment of varicose veins. Being a hula dancer my whole life, I've constantly been on my feet. I danced at Tokyo Disney Land where we did 4 shows a day, 6 days a week and my legs took a beating. I put myself through school dancing hula in Waikiki! Then one day when I was looking at my legs in the mirror, I could visibly see veins popping out around my calf area. I was pretty bummed to say the least, but understood that there was nothing I could do about it. I stopped wearing shorts and only wore long skirts that hid my legs. Then, I saw an on-line ad showing a new clinic that had an in and out procedure, brand new to the islands, with cutting edge technology that could easily treat and practically get rid of any visible varicose veins.  It was the Vein & Skin Center of Hawaii.  I called so quickly, they said I was the first person to respond to the ad. I laughed, but I wasn't surprised. Shortly thereafter I met with the Doctors and made my appointment for the procedure.  I was so excited to get the treatment done, I could finally wear shorts and not feel self conscious. It was the first time that I ever had any kind of procedure done (other than getting my wisdoms removed) and I was a bit nervous. They took good care of me. The staff was very friendly, from the receptionist to the tech who assisted during the procedure. They did their magic and I was able to walk out that very day. It's been 3 years since the procedure and I've recommended them to a number of friends and family members who all suffered from the same "leg vein" issue. My legs no longer hurt when I walk or when I dance and I'm pretty stoked that I can wear shorts and not feel so self conscious. They offer free consultations, if you've ever had any leg vein issues, give them a call and tell them Brandy sent you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment